Guodian Feixian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Feixian power station (国电费县发电公司) is a 1,300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed.
The photo shows the project in Fei County (Feixian), Linyi Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Plant
The two existing coal-fired units of Guodian Feixian power station, totaling 1,300 MW, were brought online between 2006 to 2007. The plant is majority-owned by China Guodian. In 2012 the Shandong Electric Power Construction Engineering Company said an additional 6,000 MW was planned.
Description of Expansion
China Guodian has said it plans for the power station to eventually reach 7,300 MW total, but there are no further developments on any expansion.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Phase II
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (85%), Shandong Fenghui Investment (10%), Yantai Xinheng Investment (5%)
- Location: Fei County (Feixian), Linyi Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.3188721, 117.905724 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 3&4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “国电费县发电有限公司,” 费县招商局, 2012-11-15
- "国电费县发电厂二期2×1000MW扩建工程环境影响报告书（简本),” 豆丁, accessed September 2014
- "国电费县电厂--费县人民政府," feixian.gov.cn, Aug 12, 2014
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017