Guodian Nilka Power Plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Nilka Power Plant (国电尼勒克煤电一体化发电项目) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Nilka County, the approximate location where the plant will be built.
Background on Project
However, as of December 2019 there have been no further developments, and the project appears to be abandoned.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Xinjiang Power
- Parent company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Nilka County, Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.806579, 82.584882 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电尼勒克煤电一体化项目获得新疆电力公司接入系统批复," Guodian Xinjiang Power, 2012-04-09
- "国电尼勒克煤电一体化项目电厂2×660MW工程通过可研审查," Guodian Xinjiang Power, 2012-06-11
- "尼勒克县煤炭资源整合及兼并重组规划有了进展," 2015-09-17
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017