Guodian Xinyu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Guodian Xinyu power station (国电电力新余发电厂一期), also known as Jianxi Xinyu Coal-fired Power Plant, is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jiangxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Xinyu Prefecture, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Jiangxi Province.
Background on Project
However, with no developments since 2012, the project appears to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Gd Power Development Co Ltd
- Parent Company: China Guodian (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Xinyu Prefecture, Jiangxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 27.817, 114.917 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力签署江西新余火电项目投资合作协议", 国电电力发展股份有限公司, 2012-06-12
- "神华、国电、大唐、华能再出大手笔“鏖战”江西," International Power Network, 2013-01-21
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017