Ningdong Younglight power station
|Part of the |
Global Coal Plant Tracker,
a Global Energy Monitor project.
|Related coal trackers:|
Ningdong Younglight power station is an operating power station of at least 660-megawatts (MW) in Ningdong Town, Lingwu, Yinchuan, Ningxia, China. It is also known as Ningdong Yinglite power station, Guodian Ningdong power station, 国电宁夏能源化工宁东工业园自备热电.
Table 1: Project-level location details
|Plant name||Location||Coordinates (WGS 84)|
|Ningdong Younglight power station||Ningdong Town, Lingwu, Yinchuan, Ningxia, China||38.1924551, 106.6939182 (exact)|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station.
Unit-level coordinates (WGS 84):
- Unit 2, Unit 1: 38.1924551, 106.6939182
Table 2: Unit-level details
|Unit name||Status||Fuel(s)||Capacity (MW)||Technology||Start year||Retired year|
|Unit 2||operating||coal - unknown||330||subcritical||2013||–|
|Unit 1||operating||coal - unknown||330||subcritical||2013||–|
Table 3: Unit-level ownership and operator details
|Unit 2||Guoneng Ningdong No.1 Power Generation Co Ltd [100.0%]|
|Unit 1||Guoneng Ningdong No.1 Power Generation Co Ltd [100.0%]|
Project-level coal details
- Permit(s): March 7, 2012
Ningdong Younglight power station is a two-unit coal-fired captive power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Ningxia Autonomous Region. The plant was completed in 2013, and was originally owned by China Guodian.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Articles and Resources
- Diarmaid Williams, "First unit of 660 MW cogen project operational," International Digital Editor, 10/07/2013
- "国电电力宁东电厂1号机组并网发电", 中国网, 2013-06-28
- "国电电力宁东自备电厂2号机组投产", 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2013-12-331
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
To access additional data, including an interactive map of coal-fired power stations, a downloadable dataset, and summary data, please visit the Global Coal Plant Tracker on the Global Energy Monitor website.