Ningdong Younglight power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Ningdong Younglight (Yinglite) power station (国电英力特宁东热电公司), also known as the Guodian Nindong power station, is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near the Yinglite Chemical Plant in Ningdong Town, Lingwu City, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
Ningdong Younglight power station is a two-unit coal-fired captive power plant with a total capacity of 660 MW in Ningxia Autonomous Region. The plant was completed in 2013, and was originally owned by China Guodian.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Ningxia Younglight Chemicals Co., Ltd
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group, Sinopec
- Location: Ningdong Town, Lingwu, Yinchuan Prefecture, Ningxia Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.1924551,106.6939182 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1 & 2: 330 MW)
- In service: 2013
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Diarmaid Williams, "First unit of 660 MW cogen project operational," International Digital Editor, 10/07/2013
- "国电电力宁东电厂1号机组并网发电", 中国网, 2013-06-28
- "国电电力宁东自备电厂2号机组投产", 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2013-12-331
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017