Guodian Zhijin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhijin power station (国电贵州织金电厂) is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guizhou Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site for the plant in Tianba Village, Babu Town, Zhijin County, Bijie Prefecture.
Background on Project
China Guodian is planning to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW in Guizhou Province. It is the relocated expansion project of Guiyang power station. The plant was reported as under construction in 2013, with a planned operation date of 2015.
The plant was commissioned in 2016.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: China Guodian
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Tianba Village, Babu Town, Zhijin County, Bijie Prefecture, Guizhou Province, China
- Coordinates: 26.832824, 105.818927 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2016
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电贵州织金电厂一期项目悄声开工建设,", 搜房, 12/31/2013
- "国电织金电厂2号机并网发电一次成功," 贵州工程公司, 2016-06-23
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017