Habiganj-Ashuganj Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Habiganj-Ashuganj Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Bangladesh.
The pipeline runs from Habiganj, Bangladesh, to Ashuganj, Bangladesh.
- Operator: Titas Gas Transmission and Distribution Company Limited (TGTDCL)
- Parent Company: Petrobangla
- Current capacity: 85 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 36 mi / 57.75 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2005
The Habiganj-Ashuganj gas pipeline is operated by TGTDCL, a subsidiary of Petrobangla. It is a part of the Rashidpur-Ashuganj Gas Transmission Pipeline and runs parallel to the Ashuganj-Habiganj gas pipeline.
The pipeline helps increase transmission and distribution of natural gas to Bangladesh’s northern district through Bangabandhu Multi-Purpose Bridge. The pipeline links the Rashidpur gas field (in Habiganj) to the national gas grid at Ashuganj. As a result, more gas will be transmitted directly to the national grid and the additional gas will be supplied to the country’s western region.
Articles and resources
- 2016 Annual Report Petrobangla, accessed July 2018.
- 2018 Annual Report Petrobangla, accessed December 2019.
- Existing Pipelines GTCL, accessed July 2018.
- Completed Projects: Habiganj-Ashuganj Gas Transmission Loopline Section Agmor Consortium Ltd., accessed December 2019.