Hainan Shennan LNG Storage Facility
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hainan Shennan LNG Storage Facility （中石油海南深南LNG存储接收站）is an LNG storage facility in Hainan, China.
- Sponsor: Hainan Shennan Energy Co.,Ltd. 海南中油深南能源有限公司
- Owner: Hainan CNPC Shennan Petroleum Technology Development Co., Ltd. (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kunlun Energy Co., Ltd.) 海南中油深南石油技术开发有限公司（昆仑能源有限公司全资子公司） 90%; Hainan Fushan Oil and Gas Chemical Co., Ltd. 海南富山油气化工有限公司 10%.
- Parent: CNPC
- Location: Chengmai Laocheng, Haikou district, Hainan province, China
- Coordinates: 19.977562, 110.057687 (exact)
- Capacity: 0.5 mtpa, 0.07 bcfd
- Additional Proposed Capacity:
- Status: Operating
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2014
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
The Hainan Shennan LNG Storage Facility is in Hainan, China. The facility cost an estimated 850 million yuan (US$133.6 million), and can store up to 40,000 cubic metres of LNG. It also has a wharf with a receiving capacity of 10,000-20,000 cubic metres per day (0.5 mtpa) on LNG ships. The storage tanks will be used to receive LNG from CNPC’s two operating terminals, Rudong LNG Terminal and Dalian LNG Terminal, as well as Tangshan LNG Terminal and the proposed Shenzhen LNG Terminal.
The Shennan LNG Storage Facility was planning to have second and third phases after the first phase completed, adding 160,000 cubic metres storage capacity to the facility.. However, by March 2021, there is no sign of construction of the second and third phases on site. The expansion plan apparently has been abandoned.
Articles and resources
- leslie. "海南中油深南能源有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-19.
- Hainan Shennan LNG Terminal, A Barrel Full, accessed April 2017
- China's CNPC wins approval for LNG storage in Hainan, Reuters, June 26, 2012
- 海南深南LNG儲備庫及配套碼頭工程項目獲批 Kunlun Energy, 06-29-2012
- 中油深南中转站投产 接收首个中转LNG船货 生意社，11/11/2104.
- 海南中油深南LNG储备库——LNG接收站介绍（14） LNG接收站建设与运营先锋号, 08-18/2020