Handan Eastern Outskirt Cogen Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Handan Eastern Outskirt Cogen Power Station (国电邯郸东郊热电厂) is an operating 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-genating power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site for the plant in Handan.
Background on Project
China Guodian is planning to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 700 MW in Handan. The plant was approved by the National Development and Reform Commission in 2013. It will supply heat in winter to 1200 million square meters of residential households in the city of Handan. 
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
2019: Power station commissioned
- Sponsor: GD Power Development Co Ltd
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Xin'an Town, Feixiang, Handan, Hebei Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.57019, 114.650886 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2019
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电电力邯郸东郊热电项目获得核准", China Guodian website, 2013-01-07
- "2014国电邯郸东郊热电2×350MW“上大压小”项目铁路专用线勘察设计招标公告," Bidnews, 2014-10-22
- "邯郸东郊热电2号机组并网发电," BJX News, 2018-1-19
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "Handan Dongjiao Thermal Power Project No. 1 machine and power generation," China 5e, 2018-01-02
- "邯郸东郊热电1号机组完成168小时试运行," BJX News, 2018-2-9
- "邯郸东郊热电工程（2×350MW）1号机组通过168小时试运行," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/6/12
- "国电电力邯郸东郊热电项目（2×350MW）2号机组通过试运," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/7/2