Hassi R'Mel-Arzew Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hassi R'Mel-Arzew Gas Pipeline is an existing natural gas pipeline, running from Hassi R'Mel gas field to Arzew in Algeria.
The pipeline runs from Hassi R'Mel gas field, near Hassi R'Mel, Laghouat province, to Arzew, Oran province, Algeria.
The Hassi R'Mel-Arzew Gas Pipeline in fact consists of four pipelines: GZ0 (built 1961, 20/24 inches); GZ1 (built 1976-79, 40 inches); GZ2 (built 1982, 40 inches); and GZ3 (built 1989, 42 inches). The pipelines supply gas to the Arzew-Bethioua LNG Terminal for export.
- Operator: Sonatrach
- Parent Company: Government of Algeria
- Current capacity: 652.33 million cubic feet per day
- Length: 508 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: Various
Articles and resources
- World Energy Atlas, Petroleum Economist, 2001.
- Energy Map of Algeria, Petroleum Economist, 2007.
- Maritime Economics: Management and Marketing Terry Knight, Alan Branch, Routledge, 1982, 424