Huaneng Huanxian power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Huanxian power station is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Huan County, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Qingyang Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Project
It was reported in 2009 that China Huaneng was conducting a feasibility study for a 2000 MW coal-fired power plant (2 x 1000 MW) to be completed by 2014 in Gansu Province. Since no further confirmation can be found subsequent to 2009 that the project actually proceeded beyond the study phase, it appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Huan County, Qingyang Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.568, 107.303 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (2 x 1000 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "环县将建成2×100万千瓦电厂," Xinhua, 2009-06-16
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012