|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huizhou Port is a coastal port in Guangdong, the People's Republic of China. It handles coal.
The port is located in Huizhou prefecture, and opens into the Daya Bay.
Huizhou Port is divided into three main port areas: the Quanwan Port Area, the Dongma Port Area and the Huidong Port Area. It was originally built sometime in the 1990s. Huidong Port (惠东港区) includes the Pinghai Electricity Plant Integrated Coal Terminal (平海电厂配套煤码头), which provides coal for the 2,000 MW Guangdong Huizhou Pinghai power station. The Pinghai coal terminal has an annual capacity of 6.55 million tonnes. The Huizhou Guohua Thermoelectric Comprehensive Coal Terminal, which is part of the Dongma Port Area, also has an annual capacity of 3 million tonnes for coal.
In April 2011, Yantian Port invested 233.33 million yuan for a 70 percent stake in the coal terminal in Huizhou.
In May 2015 the Port of Yantian said it plans to issue RMB2.2bn (US$354 million) worth of bonds on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, with plans for a coal terminal in Huizhou Port. The terminal was completed in 2018, adding 18.14 million tonnes of capacity for coal to the port in the Quanwan Port Area. It opened in 2020. Added with the previous 6.55 and 3 million tonnes, the total coal capacity at the port is now 27.69 tonnes.
In 2019, Huizhou Port's cargo throughput exceeded 90.7 million tons.
In 2020, Huizhou Port announced they would add a 90.7 thousand-tonne multi-purpose terminal in the Quanwan port area. The project has a total investment of 4.6 billion RMB; it passed a feasibility report review in December 2020, and planned to receive the relevant approval for construction by the end of January 2021.
- Operator: Huizhou Port Group, Huizhou Port Industrial Corporation, Shenzhen Yantian Port Holdings
- Location: Huizhou prefecture, Guangdong province, China
- Coal Capacity (Tonnes per year): 27.69 million
- Additional Proposed Coal Capacity: TBD
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Coal source:
Articles and resources
- "Port of Huizhou - Wikipedia". en.wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2021-07-19.
- "Terminal, Breakwater and Supporting Marine Works of #1 and #2 Units (2×1000MW) of Guangdong Pinghai Power Plant," CCCC-FHDI Engineering, 2014-05-13
- "惠州小渔港成南方大港 20年已有万吨级泊位18个_今日惠州网". huizhou.cn. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Toh Han Shih, "Shenzhen port operators seek new revenue source," South China Morning Post, 10 October 2012
- Jason Jiang, "Yantian Port raising funds for overseas investment," Splash 24/7, May 18, 2015
- 王仕伸 (2018-11-01). "粤东最大煤炭码头开始运营！盐田港控股荃湾煤炭港进港铁路今日通车_南方快报_南方网". kb.southcn.com. Retrieved 2021-07-19.
- "The first green public coal terminal in Huizhou Tsuenwan Port area opens--Seetao". Seetao. 2020-12-29. Retrieved 2021-07-19.
- "Huizhou Port expansion project will build a 100,000-ton multi-purpose wharf--Seetao". Seetao. 2021-02-17. Retrieved 2021-07-19.