Hunedoara Energy Complex
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Hunedoara Energy Complex is a network of coal mines and power plants, operated by Complexul Energetic Hunedoara S.A. (CEH), a state-owned enterprise, producing 0.5 million tonnes per annum, in the Jiu Valley, Petroșani, Romania.
The photo below shows the exact location of the Hunedoara Energy Complex in Petroșani, Romania.
Hunedoara Energy Complex once consisted of four underground mines--Lonea, Livezeni, Vulcan and Lupeni--but in 2017, Lonea and Lupeni closed, leaving only two active operations.
- Parent Company: Complexul Energetic Hunedoara S.A. (CEH)
- Location: Petroșani, Romania
- GPS coordinates: 45.436597, 23.375229 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 2012
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size:
- Mine type: underground
- Production: 0.5 million tonnes per annum
- Number of employees: 3025