Huozhou power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huozhou power station (国电华北电力霍州发电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Huozhou City, Linfen Prefecture, Shanxi Province.
Background on Plant
Huozhou power station is a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total capacity of 1,200 MW in Shanxi Province. The first four units, totaling 400 MW, have been retired. Units 5 & 6, totaling 1,200 MW, were completed in 2012. The plant was originally owned by China Guodian.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 5 & 6 Expansion
- Sponsor: Guodian Huabei Power Co Shanxi Branch
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Xinzhi Town West bank of Fen River, Huozhou City, Linfen Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.51827, 111.682272 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 5 & 6: 600 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2012
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电霍州发电厂完成168小时试运行(图)", 山西日报(太原), 2012-05-01
- "山西院承担的霍州电厂2号机组通过168试运," 中国火力发电网, 2012-09-11
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017