Hyundai Steel Dangjin steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hyundai Steel Dangjin is an integrated and electric steel plant in Dangjin City, Chungcheongnam-do, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Dangjin City, Chungcheongnam-do, Republic of Korea.
- Parent company: Hyundai Steel (Kia Motors 17.27%, Chairman Jung Mong-Goo 11.81%, Hyundai Motors 6.87%, Others 64.05%)
- Owner: Hyundai Steel Company Ltd.
- Location: 1480 Bukbusaneopno, Songak-eup, Dangjin City, Chungcheongnam-do, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 36.986282, 126.697350 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2006 (age 13–14)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot rolled sheet, cold rolled sheet, heavy plate, galvanized steel, rebar
- Steel sector end users: automotive, construction, shipbuilding
- Steelmaking process: integrated, electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 3 blast furnaces (BF) (BF #1 (Jan. 2010), BF #2 (Nov. 2010), BF #3 (Sep. 2013)); electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)