Hyundai Steel Incheon steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hyundai Steel Incheon is an electric steel plant in Incheon Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Incheon Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Hyundai Motor Group 24.07% (Kia Motors 17.27%, Hyundai Motors 6.87%), Chairman Jung Mong-Goo 11.81%, others 64.05%
- Owner: Hyundai Steel Company Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: INI Steel
- Location: 63 Jungbongdae-ro Dong-gu, Incheon Metropolitan City, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 37.489678, 126.637942 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1953 (age 67–68)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 4800
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, H-sections, heavy machinery
- Steel sector end users: construction, shipbuilding
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources