Hyundai Steel Pohang steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Hyundai Steel Pohang is an electric steel plant in Pohang City, Gyeonsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Pohang City, Gyeonsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea.
- Parent company: Hyundai Steel (Kia Motors 17.27%, Chairman Jung Mong-Goo 11.81%, Hyundai Motors 6.87%, Others 64.05%)
- Owner: Hyundai Steel Company Ltd.
- Alternative plant names: Kangwon Industrial
- Location: 6363 Donghaean-ro, Nam-gu, Pohang City, Gyeonsangbuk-do, Republic of Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 36.004981, 129.384829 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3200
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, H-steel, continuous track
- Steel sector end users: construction, shipbuilding
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: electric arc furnaces (EAF) (# unknown)
Articles and resources