Illapa power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Illapa power station (Central Termoeléctrica Illapa) is a proposed 255-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in the region of Antofagasta, Chile.
The map below shows the approximate location of the power station in Mejillones, the region of Antofagasta, Chile.
- Sponsor: Central Illapa S.A.
- Parent company: Rurelec PLC
- Location: Mejillones, Antofagasta, Chile
- Coordinates: -23.1029, -70.4561 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (proposed): 255 MW
In early 2021, the Illapa power station project received approval from the environmental monitoring bodies of Chile to move forward with the project and Rurelec is now working to secure financing for the project.
Articles and Resources