JSPL Angul steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
JSPL Angul is an integrated steel plant in Angul, Odisha, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Angul, Odisha, India.
- Owner: Jindal Steel & Power Ltd. 
- Parent company: Jindal Group
- Location: Chhendipada Road, SH-63, Jindal Nagar, Angul, Odisha 759111, India
- GPS Coordinates: 20.884896, 84.991539 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: bar, plate
- Steel sector end users: shipbuilding, oil and gas, construction, automotive
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 4554m3 blast furnace (BF); basic oxygen furnace (BOF); direct reduced iron (DRI) plant; sinter plant
- Power source: Angul Steel power station, a 810 MW captive power plant.
- Iron ore source: Captive iron ore mines at Tensa, Odisha with production capacity of 3.11 MTPA iron ore.
Articles and resources