JSW Steel USA Ohio plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
JSW Steel USA Ohio plant is an electric steel plant in Mingo Junction, Ohio, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Mingo Junction, Ohio, United States.
Plant restarted in 2018 after sitting idle for more than 10 years.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: JSW Group
- Owner: JSW Steel USA
- Alternative plant names: Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel (predecessor)
- Location: 1500 Commercial Avenue, Mingo Junction, Ohio 43938, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 40.314891, -80.605553 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2018 (age 2–3) (see background)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1500 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: hot rolled coils
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 400-tonne electric arc furnace (EAF) (2003)
Articles and resources