Jahan Foolad Sirjan Steel Kerman plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Jahan Foolad Sirjan Steel Kerman plant (شرکت مجتمع جهان فولاد سیرجان (Persian)) (also known as Jahan Foolad Sirjan, Jahan Foolad Steel Company, Sirjan Jahan Foolad, and SJSCO) is a 1200-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) direct reduced iron-electric arc furnace (DRI-EAF) steel plant in Kerman, in Iran. Jahan Foolad Sirjan Steel Kerman plant operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the exact location of the steel plant in Sirjan, in Iran.
- Alternative plant names: Jahan Foolad Sirjan, Jahan Foolad Steel Company, Sirjan Jahan Foolad, SJSCO
- Other language plant name: شرکت مجتمع جهان فولاد سیرجان (Persian)
- Location: Cross of Gol Gohar Mining and Industrial Co. Shiraz Road 50 Km, Sirjan, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 29.091397, 55.333468 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2009
- State-owned entity status: full
- State-owned entity department: Ministry of Industries and Mines
- Parent company: Gol-e-Gohar Iron Ore [50%]; National Iranian Steel Co [50%]
- Parent company PermID: 5076384665 [50%]; 5001423350 [50%]
- Owner: Siirjan Jahan Steel Complex
- Owner company PermID: unknown
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1200.0
- Crude Iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1000
- Sponge iron/Direct reduced iron: 1000
- Steel product category: crude; semi-finished
- Steel products: DRI, billet, briquet, rebar
- Workforce size: 1600
- Main production equipment: direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: DRI plant; EAF (number unknown)
Articles and Resources
- Introduction, Sirjan Jahan Steel Complex, Retrieved on: Dec. 9, 2020
- "Introduction". Archived from the original on January 19, 2022. Retrieved January 19, 2022.
- National Iranian Steel Company at a Glance, National Iranian Steel Company, Retrieved on: Dec. 9, 2020
- Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2020, OECD, 2020
- "Sirjan Iranian Steel Co". Midhco. Retrieved 2022-03-12.