Jiayuguan Aluminum power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jiayuguan Aluminum power station (酒钢东兴铝电发电厂. Also known as Jisco-3 power station, 酒钢能源中心发电三分厂 ) is a 1,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Gansu Province, China.
The photo below shows the power station located northwest of Jiayuguan, in Jiayuguan Prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Project
The total power capacity in Jiuquan Iron and Steel Company currently is 3360MW. Its Energy Center is managing 3 coal-fired power plants, Jisco-1 power station, Jisco-2 power station and Jisco-3 power station, (also known as Jiayuguan Aluminum power station)with total capacity of 3029MW. The rest capacity is shared by small units fired by blast furnace gas scattered in several iron and steel manufacturers within the Jisco campus.
It is a captive, co-generation power plant, supplying heat and electricity to the newly developed aluminum smelter by JISCO nearby.
- Sponsor: Gansu Dongxing Aluminium Co., Ltd. 甘肃东兴铝业有限公司
- Owner: Jiuquan Steel (Group) Co., Ltd. 69.8058%; Jianxin Financial Asset Investment
- Co., Ltd. 建信金融资产投资有限公司 (A subsidiary of China Construction Bank 100% owned) 30.1942%.
- Parent Company: Jiuquan Steel (Group) Co., Ltd.
- Location: Jiayuguan city, Jiayuguan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.846096, 98.21125 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,400 MW (Units 1-4: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: