Jisco-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jisco-2 power station (酒钢自备电厂二厂) also known as Jisco Hongcheng Cogen Power Co (酒钢宏晟热电公司), Jisco Energy Center No. 2 branch (酒钢能源中心发电二分厂), is a 6-unit, 1550-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant, in Jiayuguan, Jiuquan prefecture, Gansu Province.
Background on Plant
The total power capacity in Jiuquan Iron and Steel Company currently is 3360MW. Its Energy Center is managing 3 coal-fired power plants, Jisco-1 power station, Jisco-2 power station and Jisco-3 power station, (also known as Jiayuguan Aluminum power station)with total capacity of 3029MW. The rest capacity is shared by small units fired by blast furnace gas scattered in several iron and steel manufacturers within the Jisco campus.
Jisco-2 power station is a captive co-generation power plant, supplying heat and supporting air blowers for the steel and iron manufacturing process, besides electricity generation. The first 6 units with total capacity of 172MW were brought online between 1970's and 1990's, and retired between 2007 and 2012. （The first 12MW-unit was retired in 2007. Units 2-4 with total 60MW retired between 2011 and 2012. Unit 5 & 6 with 50MW each were retired in 2010.）Unit 7 & 8 with capacity of 2*125MW were commissioned in 2003.The plant is owned by Jiuquan Iron & Steel Group.
Jiuquan Iron and Steel Company is planning to add 4 new units at this plant.  The first phase 2*300MW units were brought online in 2007, and the second phase 2*350MW were commissioned in 2012 and 2013. All 4 units are co-generating, supplying both heat and electricity.
- Sponsor: Hongcheng Cogen Power Co Ltd
- Parent company: Jiuquan Iron & Steel Group
- Location: Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.795005, 98.307335 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-6); Operating (Units 7-8, New Unit 1-4)
- Gross capacity: 1550 MW (Units 7 & 8: 125 MW; New units 1 & 2: 300 MW; New units 3 & 4: 350MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1971 (Unit 3); 1992-96 (Units 4-6); 2003 (Units 7-8); 2007 (New units 1-2); 2012-2013 (New units 3-4)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于酒泉钢铁（集团）有限责任公司产品结构调整规划项目（1×1800立方米高炉、冷轧薄板及整体回顾）竣工环境保护验收合格的函"MEPC, 2014-10-15
- "2010年1～7月份全国关停小火电机组表," 1/7/2010
- "关于不予审批酒泉钢铁（集团）有限责任公司自备电厂能源综合利用技术改造工程环境影响报告书变更补充报告的通知"MEPA, 2011-9-28
- "酒钢嘉峪关2×350MW自备热电联产工程开工"China Electricity Council, 2011-07-25
- "嘉峪关宏晟电热有限责任公司2017年环境信息公开"Jisco, 2017-07-13