Jinsha Hubei power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Jinsha Hubei power station (国电长源荆州热电公司异地扩建) is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hubei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the power station in Hubei Province.
Background on Plant
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Hubei. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Changyuan Electric Power Co. Ltd
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Shashi District, Jingzhou Prefecture, Hubei Province, China
- Coordinates: 30.296667, 112.308056 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电长源荆州热电有限公司", 荆州经济开发区就业网, 2013-01-29
- "国电长源荆州热电2号机组年内将全部投入商业运行", 荆州新闻网
- "国电长源电力股份有限公司企业概况", 中国国电集团, accessed November 2014
- "国电长源荆州热电有限公司," 国家级荆州经济技术开发区阅读次数, 2015-07-14
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017