Kalbar-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kalbar-2 power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant proposed in Bintang Mas, Kubu Raya regency, West Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, in Bintang Mas, Kubu Raya regency, West Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2020 and 2021. It originally comprised two units of 200 MW.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies interested in mine-mouth IPP plants did not show any companies interested in the project.
In August 2016 PT PLN said it would put the Kalbar-2 plant out for tender, with the selected Project Sponsor intended to develop, finance, construct and operate the Project on a Build-Own-Operate-Transfer (BOOT) basis. In August 2017 PT PLN put out another EOI for a 2 x 100 MW plant, saying the successful bidder was expected to hold majority portion for the project of fifty one percent (51%) share ownership.
In April 2019 PT PLN Persero announced that it intended to build the plant in Bintang Mas village, Kubu Raya regency, West Kalimantan.
In March 2020 the project's sponsor announced that it might be delayed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sponsor: IPP project with PT PLN
- Parent company:
- Location: Bintang Mas, Kubu Raya regency, West Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -0.276265,109.2795913 (approximate)
- Status: Phase I: Announced; Phase II: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: Phase I: 200 MW (Units 1-2: 100 MW); Phase II (cancelled): 200 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: Unit 1: 2022; Unit 2: 2023
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016, table 6.7
- "PLN Holds Tender for Two Non-Fossil Fuel Power Plants," Katadata, Aug 31, 2016
- "Request for expression of interest for partnership of cfspp kalbar-2," Indonesia Power, Aug 31, 2017
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. VI-56
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, p. V-52
- Bintang Mas jadi lokasi pembangunan PLTU Kalbar II, Kalbar, Apr. 7, 2019
- Jadwal operasional pembangkit terganggu wabah corona, ini tanggapan PLN, Kontan, Mar. 8, 2020