Kalselteng-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kalselteng-1 power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant that is under construction in Tumbang Kajuei, Gunung Mas Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Recent satellite photos of the project are not available through Google, but Satellite imagery from Planet shows construction from January 2019 to May 2019.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies expressing interest in mine-mouth IPP plants did not include any expressions of interest in the Kalselteng-1 plant.
On June 15, 2016, China's Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC) signed an EPC Contract with PT DSSP Power (DSSP), a subsidiary of Indonesia's Sinar Mas Group, on construction of the plant, referred to as Kalteng-1.
In October 2017, it was announced that Sinar Mas's indirect subsidiary PT SKS Listrik Kalimantan (SLK) had begun construction of the plant, and expected it to be complete by 2019. In February 2019, it was reported that the plant would be commissioned in Q4 of 2019. The long-range plan for 2019-2028 lists 100 MW of the project coming online in 2019 and the other 100 MW coming online in 2020. In December 2019, PT SKS Listrik Kalimantan was expecting to complete construction by Q1 2020.
In March 2020, the project's sponsor announced that it might be delayed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In December 2016, it was reported that the plant received a US$250 million loan from PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk, with the remaining US$87 million coming from Sinar Mas Group.
- Sponsor: PT SKS Listrik Kalimantan
- Parent company: Dongfang Electric Corporation, Sinar Mas Group
- Location: Tumbang Kajuei, Gunung Mas Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -1.3715251,113.5613777 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Start date: Unit 1: 2020; Unit 2: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$250 million in debt from PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk; US$87 million in equity from Sinar Mas Group
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- "DEC Signed the EPC Contract of Indonesia Kalteng 2x100MW Coal-fired Power Plant," Dongfang, 20/07/2016
- Sinar Mas starts construction of 200 MW power plant in C. Kalimantan, The Jakarta Post, Oct. 17, 2017
- Dian Swastatika to operate two coal-fired power plants this year, Rambu Energy, Feb. 1, 2019
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-53
- Indonesia’s Dian Swastatika Build Coal-fired Power Plant in 2020, The Insider Stories, Dec. 12, 2019
- Jadwal operasional pembangkit terganggu wabah corona, ini tanggapan PLN, Kontan, Mar. 8, 2020
- "Ini Target Perusahaan DSSA Milik Taipan Eka Tjipta Sinarmas 2017," Bisnis, Dec 14, 2016