Kendari-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kendari-3 power station is an operating 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Southeast Sulawesi Province, Indonesia.
The satellite photo below shows the location of the plant in Tanjung Tiram, South Konawe, Southeast Sulawesi Province.
According to a June 2015 report, Kendari-3 power station is a 2 x 50 MW coal plant proposed for Kendari in Southeast Sulawesi province. The project is currently in the land acquisition stage. The estimated cost is US$200 million. Construction is targeted for 2016, with completion targeted for 2018.
The project had a groundbreaking ceremony in September 2016 and appears to have entered into substantial construction, though the 2017-2026 long-range plan still describes it as in the "procurement" stage rather than the "construction" stage. Projected commercial operating date (COD) is listed as 2019. As of September 2017, construction was 56% complete. In July 2018, PT Dian Swastatika Sentosa announced that construction was 90% complete. In April 2019, Dian Swastatika announced that the plant was preparing to begin commercial operations. The plant was reportedly completed in October 2019.
- Sponsor: Dian Swastatika Sentosa Power Kendari
- Parent company: PT Dian Swastatika Sentosa Tbk, in turn a subsidiary of Sinar Mas Group
- Location: Tanjung Tiram, South Konawe, Southeast Sulawesi, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -4.0512916,122.6534484 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2019
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: US$150 million in debt from China Development Bank; US$50 million in equity from Sinar Mas Group
Articles and resources
- Sinar Mas' Energy Holding Pushes Ahead with Coal-Fired Power Plants," Jakarta Globe, accessed September 2015
- "Akhir Tahun Ini Dian Swastatika Mulai Operasikan PLTU Sumsel-5," Tambangco.id, 25 June 2015
- "Groundbreaking of IPP Kendari-3," DSS Energy, Sep 8, 2016
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p. D-41
- 2 Dian Swastatika power plants will commence operation in 2019, IDN Financials, Nov. 17, 2017
- Dian Swastatika targetkan pembangkit listrik Kendari beroperasi awal 2019, Kontan, Jul. 4, 2018
- PLTU Kendari-3 Dian Swastatika Sentosa (DSSA) Siap Berikan Komtribusi Pendapatan 3 Persen, Market Bisnis, Apr. 22, 2019
- Dian Swastatika (DSSA) kucurkan pinjaman US$ 73 juta ke anak usaha, Kontan, Jan. 3, 2020
- "Preview of Kendari-3 Coal-Fired Power Plant (100MW) | Transaction | IJGlobal". ijglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-11-06.