Kaltansky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Kaltansky Coal Mine is an operating surface coal mine in Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Malinovka, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia. The map shows both the Kaltansky and Osinnikovsky mines.
The Kaltansky coal mine is an operating surface coal mine. It originally consisted of two mines, the Kaltansky and Osinnikovsky mines, which have been merged into a single mine. (Note that this mine is separate from the Ossinikovskaya coal mine, an underground mine about 20 km away.) It is operated by Kuzbassrazrezugol, a subsidiary of Ural Mining Metallurgical Company. It produces 3.5 million tons per year.
- Owner: Kuzbassrazrezugol OJSC
- Parent Company: Ural Mining Metallurgical Company
- Location: Malinovka, Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.414239, 87.414436 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 3.5 MT/year
- Total Reserves: 166.5 MT
- Recoverable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1957
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Калтанский угольный разрез, Осинниковское поле, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- ОАО «УК «КУЗБАССРАЗРЕЗУГОЛЬ» ФИЛИАЛ «КАЛТАНСКИЙ УГОЛЬНЫЙ РАЗРЕЗ», Mining-Portal.ru, accessed Mar. 2021.