Karabatan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Kazakhstan and coal.|
The Karabatan power station is a 310-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power station in Atyrau, Kazakhstan.
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan.
According to some news sources in January 2015, Doosan Heavy Industries (South Korea) signed a contract for the construction of a US$308 million, 310 MW coal-fired power plant with project sponsor Karabatan Utility Solutions (KUS). The planned start date is 2018.
However, other news sources reported that the plant would be gas-fired, and in June 2015 Siemens was contracted to provide the gas turbines for the plant.
According to a 2020 webinar presented by the national company Kazakh Invest JSC titled "Potential of petrochemical industry in Kazakhstan", the power plant is completed. The plant will be operated by Karabatan Utility Solutions LLP.
Project Details of proposed gas plant
- Sponsor: Kazakhstan Petrochemical Industries Inc.
- Parent company: Joint Stock Company Sovereign Wealth Fund Samruk-Kazyna
- Location: Atyrau, Atyrau Province, Kazakhstan
- Coordinates: 47.34422, 52.277177 (exact)
- Gross Generating Capacity (operating): 310 MW
Articles and resources
- "South Korean company to build thermal power plant in Atyrau Oblast," Tengrinews, 06 January, 2015
- "Power and Gas division signs a contract to provide gas turbines at Karabatan Power Plant in Kazakhstan," Siemens, June 1, 2015
- Potential of petrochemical industry in Kazakhstan, Kazakh Invest, Nov 2, 2020
- Special Economic Zone "National Industrial Petrochemical Technopark", Kazakh Invest, Nov 2, 202
- Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Special Economic Zone "NIPT", Kazakh Invest, Sep 10, 2020
- SEZ National Industrial Petrochemical Technoparc (Atyrau), SEZ Union, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- Проект ИГХК, KPI Inc, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- Karabatan – Kazakhstan Petrochemical Complex, Flenco, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- About Company, KIP Inc, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- About Us, United Chemical Company, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- JSC Samruk-Kazyna, International Forum of Soverign Wealth Funds, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- Kazakhstan Petrochemical Industries INC, Google Maps, accessed Jul 2, 2021
- Doosan lands $377mn power plant deal from Kazakhsta, Maekyung Media Group, Jan 5, 2015
- Обзор рынка электроэнергии Казахстана, Halyk Research, Aug 21, 2020
- Bakytzhan Sagintayev gets acquainted with work of Industrial Petrochemical Technopark in Atyrau, Official Information Source of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Apr 13, 2018