Karakansky-Zapadny coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Karakansky-Zapadny coal mine ("Zapadny" is Russian for "West") is an operating mine in the Belovo district in the Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Karakansky-Zapadny open-pit coal mine is the second stage of Karakan Invest's energy project near the village of Evtino, Kemerovo Oblast (district) Russia. In the complex Karakansky coal mine is operating and Karakansky Globoky coal mine is proposed.
The mine currently plans to expand the seam from 4 million tonnes to 6 million tonnes.
The map below shows the location of the mine, near Karakan, in Belovsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
Karakan Invest is a group of companies made up of coal producer Belovskaya Mine, logistics company Belcommerce, engineering company Promishlennik and the trading company Karakan Energo Trade. Around 2/3 of the coal Karakan Invest extracts is sold on the domestic market with the rest being exported.
Karakan Invest is creating the Karakansky coal energy cluster merging the extraction, processing and generating capacities of the Karakansky coal deposits including underground coal gasification on the site and production of coal to liquid fuel.
- Parent Company: Karakan Invest
- Location: Karakan, Belovsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 54.358257, 86.746502 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.2 Mt/year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 78.4 million tons
- Coal type: Thermal coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface mine
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Karakan Invest, "Reserves and resources", accessed 31 July 2019.
- KCEC, Development Strategy, accessed July 2020
- Шахта «Беловская» (участок Караканский-Западный), Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Karakan Invest, "Presentation of the group of companies", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Karakan Invest, "Disclosure of information", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Karakan Invest, "Development strategy", accessed 31 July 2019.
- Karakan Invest, "Charcoal drawing", 2017