Kentucky State University Plant
From Global Energy Monitor
The Kentucky State University Plant in Frankfort, Kentucky, contains 40MMBtu/hr and 20MMBtu/hr coal fired boilers for heating, built in 1977.
- "Air Quality Permit", Commonwealth of Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet, March 31, 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment