Kobe Wire Rod & Bar steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kakogawa Works is an integrated steel plant in Kobe, Hyogo, Japan.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Kobe, Hyogo, Japan.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Kobe Steel Group
- Owner: Kobe Steel, Ltd.
- Alternative plant names:
- Location: 2, Nadahama Higashicho, Nada-ku, Kobe, Hyogo, 657-0863, Japan
- GPS Coordinates: 34.703624, 135.247207 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 2400 
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: wire rod, bar
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 blast furnace (BF) (1845m3 BF#3); 2 90-tonne basic oxygen furnaces (BOF)