Krasnoyarsk CHP-1 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Krasnoyarsk CHP-1 power station is a 459-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Krasnoyarsk territory, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Leninsky rayon, Krasnoyarsk city, Krasnoyarsk territory.
Background on Plant
In April 2018, the first of the plant's three smokestacks was demolished; SUEK is rebuilding taller smokestacks with modern pollution control equipment. In December 2019 SUEK was building a new smokestack which it claimed would reduce the plant's emissions by 80%.
In June 2021, SUEK announced that it would invest a combined total of RUR 33 billion toward modernization efforts at the Krasnoyarsk CHP-1 power station and the nearby Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 power station.
- Sponsor: TGC-13 (OJSC Yenisei TGC)
- Parent company: SUEK
- Location: Leninsky rayon, Krasnoyarsk city, Krasnoyarsk territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 56.024994, 93.031421 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 459 MW: Unit 2: 25 MW; Unit 3: 25 MW; Unit 4: 25 MW; Unit 5: 57 MW; Unit 6: 57 MW; Unit 7: 60 MW; Unit 8: 60 MW; Unit 9: 65 MW; Unit 10: 85 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: Unit 2: 1954; Unit 3: 1954; Unit 4: 1954; Unit 5: 1972; Unit 6: 1973; Unit 7: 1972; Unit 8: 1973; Unit 9: 1997; Unit 10: 2003
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Global Power Plant Database, World Resources Institute, Version 1.0.0, April 2018.
- Krasnoyarsk CHP-1 Coal Power Plant Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Красноярская ТЭЦ-1, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- На Красноярской ТЭЦ-1 взорвали трубу, Энергетика и промышленность России, 13 Apr. 2018.
- ЭКОЛОГИЧЕСКАЯ МОДЕРНИЗАЦИЯ КРАСНОЯРСКОЙ ТЭЦ-1 СОКРАТИТ ВЫБРОСЫ ТВЁРДЫХ ЧАСТИЦ НА 80%, 1line.info, Dec. 23, 2019
- СГК инвестирует около 12 млрд рублей в обновление новосибирской ТЭЦ-3, Kommersant.ru, June 8, 2021