Leggett & Platt Sterling Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Leggett & Platt Sterling Steel plant is an electric steel plant in Sterling, Illinois, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Sterling, Illinois, United States.
Sterling Steel recycles nearly 600,000 tonnes of steel scrap annually.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Leggett & Platt Inc.
- Owner: Sterling Steel Company, LLC
- Alternative plant names: Northwestern Steel & Wire (predecessor)
- Location: 101, Ave K, Sterling, Illinois 61081, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 41.785971, -89.710947 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2003 (age 17–18) (plant was restarted in 2003 after major rennovations)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1698 (EAF)
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: billet, rod
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 2 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (1971 (idled as of Jan. 2020) and 2000)
Articles and resources