Libyan Iron and Steel Company plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Libyan Iron and Steel Company plant is a steel plant in Misratah, Libya.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Misratah, Libya.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned
- Parent company: Government of Libya
- Owner: Libyan Iron and Steel Co.
- Alternative plant names: LISCO, Liscosteel
- Location: Libyan Iron and Steel Company Building, Qasr Ahmad Area, 17858, Misratah, Libya
- GPS Coordinates: 32.335185, 15.215053 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1979 (age 41–42)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: bars, rods, hot-rolled products, cold-rolled products, galvanized products, HBI
- Steelmaking process: integrated (DRI)
- Primary steel production equipment: 6 electric arc furnaces (EAF) (3 90-tonne EAF (1989), 3 90-tonne EAF (1991)); 3 Midrex direct reduced iron (DRI) plants (2 DRI (1990), 1 DRI (1997))
- Power source: On site power plant with 6 steam turbine generators with total design capacity of 507 MW.
Articles and resources
- Libyan Iron and Steel Company, Zawya, Retrieved on: Sep. 17, 2020
- 2016 Materials Yearbook Libya, USGS, Oct. 2019
- Main Page, Libyan Iron and Steel Company, Retrieved on: Sep. 17, 2020
- About Us, Libyan Iron and Steel Company, Retrieved on: Sep. 17, 2020
- Plants, Libyan Iron and Steel Company, Retrieved on: Sep. 17, 2020