Lingaraj coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Lingaraj coal mine is operated by Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, with a capacity of 16 million tonnes per annum, on the Talcher coalfield in Angul, Odisha state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Angul district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 20.960432, 85.200747 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 16 million tonnes per annum
- Reserves: 309.65 million tonnes
- In service:2009
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, MCL Annual Report 2017-2018,accessed March 16, 2020
- Coal India, Annual Report 2018-2019, accessed March 16, 2020.
- Bioprofile of Projects, MCL website, accessed May 2015.
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- , Ministry of Coal