Lynchburg College Plant
Lynchburg College in Virginia has a central heating plant built in 1909 that uses coal. Lynchburg has signed onto the "American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment "American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment", but as of January 2010 campus efforts are focused on issues such as recycling and litter removal, not lowering greenhouse gas emissions.
Related SourceWatch articles
- Campus coal plants
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- Opposition to existing coal plants
- Coal and jobs
- Coal-fired power plant capacity and generation
- Coal phase-out
- Coal plant conversion projects
- Coal plants near residential areas
- Anne C. Mulkern, "Colleges Are Battlegrounds for Coal Fight," Greenwire, October 14, 2009.
- Campuses Beyond Coal Campaign, Sierra Club, September 2009.
- "DOE Announces Winners of Annual University Coal Research Grants," July 7, 2005.
- American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment