Magnitogorskaya CHP power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Magnitogorskaya CHP power station is a 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired and gas-fired power plant in Magnitogorsk, Chelyabisnk Oblast, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Magnitogorsk, Chelyabisnk Oblast, Russia.
Background on Plant
The station powers and provides heat to the the Magnitogorsk Metallurgical Plant.
- Sponsor: Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel
- Parent company: Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel
- Location: Magnitogorsk, Chelyabisnk Oblast, Russia
- Coordinates: 53.3952734, 59.0212656 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 6 x 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1954-1966
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: