Makran Steel Sistan and Baluchestan Complex
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Makran Steel Sistan and Baluchestan Complex is a 3200-thousand tonnes per annum (ttpa) direct reduced iron-electric arc furnace (DRI-EAF) steel plant in Sistan and Baluchestan, in Iran. Makran Steel Sistan and Baluchestan Complex operates a direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF).
The map below shows the approximate location of the steel plant in Chabahar, in Iran.
- Location: Chabahar city, Sistan and Baluchestan, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 25.294368, 60.647587 (approximate)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2020
- State-owned entity status: full
- State-owned entity department: Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO)
- Parent company: Iranian Mines & Mining Industries Development And Renovation Organization [100%]
- Parent company PermID: 5000935267 [100%]
- Owner: Makran Steel Company
- Owner company PermID: unknown
- Crude steel production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 3200.0
- Electric arc furnace (EAF): 3200
- Crude Iron production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum): 1600
- Sponge iron/Direct reduced iron: 1600
- Workforce size: 300
- ISO14001 certification year: 2019
- ISO50001 certification: N/A
- Main production equipment: direct reduced iron (DRI) and electric arc furnace (EAF)
- Detailed production equipment: DRI plant; EAF (number unknown)
Articles and Resources
- "Steel Factory Makran". Retrieved 2022-03-12.
- "Steel Factory Makran". Danial Petro. Archived from the original on April 23, 2021. Retrieved January 24, 2022.
- About Us, Iranian Ghadir Iron & Steel Co., Retrieved on: Dec. 10, 2020
- Latest Developments in Steelmaking Capacity 2020, OECD, 2020
- Steel Factory Makran, Danial Petro, Retrieved on: Dec. 10, 2020
- "ISO Search". Danial Petro. Retrieved 2022-03-12.