Michel Coal Project
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Michel Coal Project is a surface mine proposed by North Coal Limited to produce 2 million tonnes per annum, near Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada.
The satellite photo below shows the exact mine site near Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada.
According to the Canadian Impact Assessment Registry, "The Impact Assessment Agency of Canada issued a revised Environmental Impact Statement Guidelines to the proponent on March 16, 2020, for the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement."
- Owner: North Coal Limited
- Parent company:
- Location: Sparwood, British Columbia, Canada
- GPS coordinates: 49.729272, -114.867851 (exact)
- Mine status: Proposed
- Start year: 2024
- Production: 2 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type: Metallurigcal, bituminous
- Mine size:
- Mine type: surface, openpit
- Number of employees:300
Articles and resources
- Canadian Impact Assessment Agency, Michel Coal Project, Government Website, accessed August 2020