Mustika Indah Permai coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mustika Indah Permai (MIP) coal mine is a proposed project, operated by Pt Mustika Indah Permai, a subsidary of Adaro Energy, with a potential capacity of 1 million tonnes per annum, in the Lahat regency, South Sumatra province, Indonesia.
In 2012, MIP's majority owner, Adaro Energy, stated "MIP has completed a detailed 30 year mine plan and set up offices in Lahat in 2011. Adaro Energy plans to produce coal at MIP, using an open-pit mining method, by the end of 2012. Coal production will be ramped up to three to four million tonnes per year by 2014. Adaro Energy plans to boost MIP's production up to ten million tonnes per annum five years from the time operations commence."
MIP is on a 20 year IUP concession granted in 2010.
- Owner: PT Mustika lndah Permai (MIP)
- Parent company: Adaro Energy
- Location: Kabupaten, Lahat regency, South Sumatra province, Indonesia
- GPS coordinates: -3.800844, 103.407830 (approximate)
- Mine status: proposed
- Start year:’
- Capacity: 1 MTPA 
- Additional proposed production: 10 million tons per annum
- Mineable reserves:254 MT
- Coal type: subbituminous
- Mine size: 2,000 hectares
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Alexander Ginting (Publisher), Robert Sihotang (Project Leader), Reiner Simanjuntak, Johannes Simbolon, Tyasno Hery, Rudi Simangunsong, Adianto Simamora, Godang Sitompul, Romel S., Yuda Prihatna, Abdul Karim, lpunk AF [Paper Copy, Indonesian Coal Book 2020/2021] Petromindo.Com, May 2016 Release
- Wood Macenzie Mustika Indah Permai coal mine Asset Report, August 27, 2019
- Adaro Adaro Mining Organizational Site, accessed Dec 14, 2019
- Devindra Ratzarwin Adaro Energy Completes JORC Report for Mustika Indah Permai Coal Reserves Estimated at 272.6 Million Tonnes South Sumatra Investments Will Soon Commence Operations and Generate Cash, Adaro Energy Press Release, Market Screener, March 22, 2012