NMDC Nagarnar steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Nagarnar steel plant is a proposed integrated steel plant in Nagarnar, Chhattisgarh state, India.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed steel plant in Nagarnar, Chhattisgarh state, India.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Steel)
- Owner: NMDC Ltd.
- Parent company: Government of India
- Location: Nagarnar, Chhattisgarh state, India
- GPS Coordinates: 19.0931901, 82.1700000
- Plant status: construction
- Start year: July 2020
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3000
- Steelmaking process: integrated
Articles and resources
- Govt pushing for demerger of NMDC's Chhattisgarh steel venture, Economic Times, Jan. 31, 2020
- The Single Largest Producer of Iron Ore in the Country, NMDC, Retrieved on: Sep. 21, 2020
- Steel ministry wants to put off sale of NMDC's Chhattisgarh steel plant, Meera Mohanty, The Economic Times, Oct. 1, 2019, Retrieved on: May 11, 2020
- NMDC facing 50% cost overrun for a 52-month delay in Nagarnar plant completion, Surya Sarathi Ray, Financial Express, March 28, 2020, Retrieved on: May 11, 2020
- Latest developments in steelmaking capacity 2020, OECD, 2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019