Nazarovsky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Nazarovsky Coal Mine is a surface mine in Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine, near Nazarovo, in Nazarovsky District, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia.
Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK) owns and operates the mine operates the mine, which is owned by Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK). The open pit mine has a significant amount of overburden and a very large operation is in place to remove surface material from the mining site, this is due to the fact that the coal is up to 70 metres below the surface. The mine has a reported production of approximately 4 million tonnes per annum (mtpa), in 2015 the mine produced 3.428 mtpa according to the US Securities and Exchange Commission.  
- Operator: JSC SUEK 
- Owner: Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK)
- Location: Nazarovo, Nazarovsky District, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Coordinates: 55.98790007, 90.27600011 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 4.428 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) 
- Total Reserves: 70 million tonnes (Proven and Probable)
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Lignite (Thermal)
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year: 1951 
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Esosedi, "Nazarovsky coal mine", Esosedi website, Accessed March 2021
- Разрез «Назаровский», Wikimapia, accessed Apr. 2021.
- Rubik Times, "Nazarovsky coal mine", Rubik Times website, Accessed March 2021
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission, "Form 20-F", SEC website, Accessed March 2021
- Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK), "JSC "Open-pit mine Nazarovsky", SUEK website, Accessed March 2021