Neyveli II coal mine
The Neyveli II coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by NCL India Limited, with a capacity of 15 million tonne per year, located near the town of Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India.
The map below shows the exact location of mine in Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India
The mine, which has been operating since 1962, is owned and operated by the Neyveli Lignite Corporation.
- Sponsor: Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NCL) India Limited
- Parent company:
- Location: Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India
- GPS coordinates: 11.520268, 79.475537
- Status: operating
- Production Capacity: 15 MTPA
- Mineable reserves: 398 MT reported by the company as a lignite reserve but 613 MT mentioned in a separate corporate plan.
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Size: 27 km squared
- Mine Type: Surface, opencast
- Mine Depth: 72-110 m 
- Start Year: 1984
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- "Mining Units: Mine 1", Neyveli Lignite Corporation website, accessed January 2012.
- NCL India, Corporate Plan, accessed March 25, 2020
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited, Company Presentation, accessed online November 2020
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Presentation to Delegates of Indo-US Working Group on Coal and Lignite, accessed November 2020