Neyveli I coal mine
The Neyveli I coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NCL) India Limited, with a capacity of 10.5 million tonne per year, located near the town of Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India.
The map below shows the exact location of mine in Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India.
The mine, which has been operating since 1962, is owned and operated by the Neyveli Lignite Corporation.
- Sponsor: Neyveli Lignite Corporation (NCL) India Limited
- Parent company:
- Location: Neyveli in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, India
- GPS coordinates: 11.571182, 79.503738
- Status: operating
- Production Capacity: 10.5 MTPA
- Total Resource: 365 MT
- Mineable Reserves:150 million tonnes ("extracable")
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Mine Size: 24.69 km2
- Mine Depth:72-110 m 
- Mine Type: Surface, opencast
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Articles and resources
- "Mining Units: Mine 1", Neyveli Lignite Corporation website, accessed January 2012.
- NCL India, Corporate Plan, accessed March 25, 2020
- Environmental Clearance, accessed November 2020
- Neyveli Lignite Corporation Presentation to Delegates of Indo-US Working Group on Coal and Lignite, accessed November 2020