|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Nishbash mine is a proposed coal mine, owned by Uzbekugol, to produce 4 million tonnes per annum, near Angren, Tashkent oblast, Uzbekistan.
The below map shows the approximate location for the mine near Angren, Tashkent oblast, Uzbekistan.
In June 2017 Uzbek President Shavkat Mirziyoyev approved the "Program for Further Development and Modernization of the Coal Industry until 2021" which includes a plan to develop the 4 million tonnes per year Nishbash coal mine.
- Sponsor: Uzbekugol
- Parent Company: Uzbekugol
- Location: Angren, Tashkent oblast, Uzbekistan
- GPS Coordinates: 40.9669317, 70.1631096 (approximate)
- Status Proposed
- Production Capacity: 4 million tonnes per year
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2022
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Uzbekistan to Modernize Coal Industry, Mining Connection, Jul. 5, 2017
- Plans for modernization of the Uzbekistan’s coal industry in 2017-2021, Minex Forum, Feb. 27, 2017
- Digging Deeper, Jahon News, March 23, 2017