Novosibirsk-4 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Novosibirsk-4 power station (Новосибирская ТЭЦ-4) is a 384-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Novosibirsk province, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Kalininsky rayon, Novosibirsk city, Novosibirsk province.
Background on Plant
The six-unit, 384-MW coal-fired Novosibirsk-4 power station is owned by Siberian Generation Company, which acquired a 78% stake in the station's operator Sibeko in January 2018. Siberian Generation Company is part of SUEK.
In March 2018 it was announced that the plant would switch from burning bituminous coal to lignite because lignite is cheaper. However it appears that this has not gone ahead as a media article from March 2022 states that the Novosibirsk-4 power station is supplied from Abakansky coal mine and Chernogorsky coal mine, both of which produce subbituminous coal and are owned by SUEK.
In June 2018 the capacity of Unit 4 was increased from 100 MW to 110 MW. In December 2019, Siberian Generation Company announced a plan to increase the plant's chimney's height from 60m to 98m height in 2021-2022, which would reduce ground-level air pollution.
In 2022, there was a number of repairs planned at the station, which included an overhaul of turbine No. 4 and repair of boiler No. 12. Repair of boiler No. 12 was underway in March 2022. Furthermore, in 2022-2023 the plant is planning to increase its heat capacity in line with the city of Novosibirsk's development plans and closure of several small boiler plants.
The power plant generated 1,380 million kWh in 2021, in 2020 it was 1,285 million kWh.
- Owner: OAO Sibeko
- Parent company: SUEK
- Location: Kalininsky rayon, Novosibirsk city, Novosibirsk province, Russia
- Coordinates: 55.100205, 82.988918 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 384 MW
- Unit 1: 24MW
- Unit 2: 24MW
- Unit 3: 25MW
- Unit 4: 100MW
- Unit 5: 110MW
- Unit 6: 100MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1953-70
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Coal source: Abakansky coal mine; Chernogorsky coal mine
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- СГК завершила покупку новосибирской компании СИБЭКО, sibnovosti.ru, Feb. 9, 2018
- Новосибирская ТЭЦ-4, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2021.
- Russian coal producer SUEK to take over Siberian Generating Company, Reuters, Aug. 31, 2018
- Novosibirsk TPP-4 Coal Power Plant Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Перевод ТЭЦ Новосибирска на бурый уголь позволит в 1,5 раза снизить выбросы, Tass, Mar. 21, 2018
- "Поставки угля на новосибирские ТЭЦ не снижаются". Tayga Info. Mar 17, 2022. Retrieved Mar 17, 2022.
- Sibgenco. "НОВОСИБИРСКАЯ ТЭЦ-4". Retrieved November 2022 via the Wayback Machine. Check date values in:
- Новосибирская ТЭЦ-4 увеличила мощность для надежного энергоснабжения 550 тыс. жителей, Tass, Jun. 25, 2018
- СГК увеличит высоту дымовых труб ТЭЦ-4 в Новосибирске, Kommersant, Dec. 9, 2019
- "Воронка на замену: на новосибирской ТЭЦ-4 продолжают ремонт котла". sibgenco.online. Mar 4, 2022. Retrieved Jun 30, 2022.
- "Тепловая мощность Новосибирской ТЭЦ-4 прирастет бойлерами". sibgenco.online. June 30, 2022.
- "Производственные итоги 2021 года: выработка электроэнергии и тепла растет". Sibgenco.online. January 2022. Retrieved November 2022. Check date values in: