Nucor Steel Seattle plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Nucor Steel Seattle plant is an electric steel plant in Seattle, Washington, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Seattle, Washington, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: Nucor Corporation
- Owner: Nucor Steel Seattle, Inc.
- Alternative plant names: Nucor Steel Washington, Birmingham Steel Memphis (predecessor), Seattle Rail Car Company (predecessor)
- Location: 2424 SW Andover Street, Seattle, Washington 98106, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 47.569597, -122.367395 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1904 (age 116–117)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 855 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: rebar, angles, flats, channel
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (1995)
Articles and resources