Okaba Coal Mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Okaba coal mine is an operating mine in Okaba, Kogi, Nigeria.
The mine supplies coal to the Kogi Power Station.
The map below shows the location of the mine.
The mine is operated by the Nigerian Coal Corporation.
- Sponsor: Nigerian Coal Corporation
- Parent company: Nigerian Coal Corporation
- Location: Okaba, Kogi, Nigeria
- Coordinates: 7.422395, 7.78071 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Subbituminous
- Mine Type: Surface, Open cast
- Mine Production: 0.16 million tonnes per annum
- Mineable Reserve: 250 million tonnes
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ilemona C. Okeme, Thomas B. Scott, Peter G. Martin, Yukihiko Satou, Theophilus I. Ojonimi,and Moromoke O. Olaluwoye,Assessment of the Mode of Occurrence and Radiological Impact of Radionuclides in Nigerian Coal and Resultant Post-Combustion Coal Ash Using Scanning Electron Microscopy and Gamma-Ray Spectroscopy, Minerals 2020, 10(3), 241