PT Indo Tambangraya Megah Tbk
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
PT Indo Tambangraya Megah Tbk is one of the largest coal supplier in Indonesia. It also has major ownership over two of the 6 largest coal companies in East Kalimantan, namely PT Kitadin and PT Indominco Mandiri. Its other operations include PT Trubaindo Coal Mining (East Kalimantan), PT Jorong Barutama Greston (South Kalimantan) and PT Bharinto Ekatama( East and Central Kalimantan). 
The company supplies coal to Japan, China, India, Italy, Philippines, Taiwan, Korea.
On November 27, 2011 the local government ordered all coal transportation activities along the Mahakam River to stop due to the collapse of the Kutai Kertanegara Bridge which took 18 lives. This hampered the coal transport traffic in the area, where major coal companies PT Harum Energy, PT Resources Alam Indonesia Tbk., PT Trubaindo Coal, PT Bharinto Ekatam and PT Santan Batubara operate. It is unknown when the bridge will be operable, nor were there any revelation of cost caused by the incident. 
Articles and resources
- "Overview of Operations PT Indo Tambangraya Megah Tbk", ITM website, accessed 7 December 2011.
- "Coal miners get impact from fall of Kutai Bridge", Binis Indonesia website, accessed 8 December 2011.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Indonesia and coal
- Indonesia's Coal: local impacts - global links
- Indonesia's geothermal potential
- Indonesia and nuclear power
- Indonesian Coal Mining Association
- Global use and production of coal
- Coal terminals